Awkward CONVERSATIONS ARE ok! JUST Remember not to take it personally!
It’s not natural for students to befriend adults.
Here are some great questions to ask:
- Hi, what is your name?
- What school do you go to?
- What grade are you in?
- Are you involved in anything at school? (Clubs, cheer, Band, sports?)
- How was your week?
- What did you do this week that was fun?
- How long have you been coming to bcc?
- Do your parents come here?
- Do you like spending time here?
- Do you have brothers or sisters?
- Do they drive you crazy?
- Do you have pets?
- Are you involved in any clubs at school?
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- Have you ever bungee jumped? Scuba-dived? Snorkeled?
- Do you listen to music?
- What is your favorite kind of music?
- What is your school schedule like?
- What is your favorite subject?
- Do you have a favorite teacher? Why?
- What is the craziest thing you ever did in grade school?
- Do you drive?
- What kind of car/or when do you get your license?
- Did you know we have _________ event coming up?
- Have you seen any good movies lately?
- Do you have a job?
- What is your favorite store?
- How did you start coming here? Did someone invite you?
- Do you have a best friend? Who is it? Why?
- If you could play any sport and be great, what would it be?
- Would you rather be rich or famous?
- Would you rather kick a dog or make a baby cry?
- Where is the coolest place you have ever been in your life?
- What do you think about this whole ‘God’ thing?